As an indie author, you need as much coverage as you can get! The Book Smuggler’s Den encourages you to submit guest posts, or participate in author interviews as ways to get social media coverage and links to where your book is sold. To be featured along with these other fantastic indie authors, please send an email to email@example.com.
Posts may contain affiliate links or sponsored content. See Disclaimer and Disclosure for more details.
Not sure where to begin bragging about your accomplishments?
Here are a few interview questions to keep in mind when submitting an author interview.
- What inspired you to write a book?
- Was there a book or author that you admired that played a role when developing your book?
- It is often said that to write something, you must believe in what you are writing. Do you agree with that?
- Do you have a set schedule for writing, or are you one of those who writes only when they feel inspired?
- Tell us about your writing style, how is it different from other writers?
- What, according to you, is the hardest thing about writing? What would you say is the most natural aspect of writing?
- Have you ever experienced “Writer’s Block”? How long do they usually last? Any tips you would like to share to overcome it?
- Any advice you would like to give to aspiring writers?
- Are you working on something new at the moment?
- Is there anything else you would like to share with our readers?
A recommendation for you…
I love talking to authors and learning more about their writing process as I am writing my first novel alongside running the Book Smuggler’s Den. One book I recommend to aspiring writers that contact me is Blake Snyder’s Save the Cat. The Beat Sheets he shares in his books will change a script into a manuscript. Get more than a beta reader by signing up for their coaching service. Having a writing coach does wonders and I am astounded by the progress I have made using the Save the Cat philosophy.