Silly ‘ol bear.
The Christopher Robin movie comes out today! I’m like most and think that the book is always better than the movie. However, I am interested in checking it out. I like the idea of telling the story from Christopher Robin’s view as a grownup.
Winnie the Pooh will always hold a special place in my heart. The little wisdom that comes from A.A. Milne’s age-old classic makes it the perfect book to read to young children.
These are my top 12 favorite Winnie the Pooh quotes.
1. “Love is taking a few steps backward, maybe even more…to give way to the happiness of the person you love.”
2. “If there ever comes a day when we can’t be together, keep me in your heart, I’ll stay there forever.”
3. “I think we dream so we don’t have to be apart for so long. If we’re in each other’s dreams, we can be together all the time.”
4. “‘I don’t feel very much like Pooh today,’ said Pooh.
‘There, there,’ said Piglet. ‘I’ll bring you tea and honey until you do.’”
5. “You’re braver than you believe and stronger and smarter than you think.”
6. Piglet: “The things that make me different are the things that make me.”
7. “When you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you Think Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.”
8. “You can’t stay in your corner of the Forest waiting for others to come to you. You have to go to them sometimes.”
9. “How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.”
10. “Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there some day.”
11. “If the person you are talking to doesn’t appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear.”
12. “‘When you wake up in the morning, Pooh,’ said Piglet at last, ‘What’s the first thing you say to yourself?’
‘What’s for breakfast?’ said Pooh. ‘What do you say, Piglet?’
‘I say, I wonder what’s going to happen exciting today?’ said Piglet.
Pooh nodded thoughtfully. ‘It’s the same thing,’ he said.”
By the way, the Book Smuggler’s Den wanted to let you know we are open for guest posts! Guest blogging is a fantastic way to break out of your usual circle and reach an audience that may have never heard of you before. We are ready if you are! Send us your best work and remember to tell us about yourself and give us information as to where readers can reach you or purchase your book/services/goods. Due to the volume of submissions, we can’t respond individually to submission status queries. We will do our best to respond to your submission within 7 – 10 business days.
Need more help marketing your book? Click to find out more information about all of our marketing packages. We look forward to working with you!